- Store Locator
- My basket 0 item(s)
Nest of tables buying guide
A beautiful nest of tables can make all the difference to the look and practicality of your home. Whilst they may not be top of your shopping must haves, once you invest in a little set of tables you'll wonder how you ever managed without them.
A nest of tables is easily identifiable from other living room furniture tables. The key unique characteristic is the fact that the set will often hold two or three tables, each one smaller than the last which slot neatly into each other. This method works in a similar way to that of Russian Dolls in which a large doll will contain many different sized dolls, each gradually smaller than the previous.
- There's no hiding the fact that a nest of tables is essentially a practical product. Used as an area to place small items such as a cup of tea or a newspaper, each table is uniquely designed to neatly slide underneath each other allowing them to take up minimal space when not in use. Not only are these wonderful sets of tables a very handy and space saving product to have in your room, they can also help to avoid any normal day to day accidents that may occur in the home. One of the main unfortunate 'incidents' that is a very common problem in homes is that of a spilt drink. Whether it's a glass of red wine or a hot cup of coffee, neither will suit your lovely new cream carpet! These types of spillages often occur as the glass has been placed on the floor and either forgotten about or accidentally knocked over by a pet or active child. This is where a lovely nest of tables will really help. Position your table set next to the sofa making it easy and convenient to place your drink on instead of the floor, this way you won't forget it's there and hopefully make it harder to topple over!
- Whilst functionality is definitely the front runner when it comes to these nests of tables, it's important not to disregard the style and design of these products. Traditionally these sets of tables are offered in a range of wood which benefit from different shades and material variances. The smooth but simple way in which these products slot underneath the previous table mean that they can be used as a stylish side table in your home or as three separate entities each with its own unique purpose. Examples include displaying a bunch of flowers, an alternative to a TV stand or as previously mentioned, a resting place for drinks. Whatever purpose you choose for your nest of tables you're sure to add a splash of style to your home with these classic living room products.
- Here at Dunelm Mill we have a wide collection of table sets created from wooden material. The use of top quality wood used to make these tables means that they are a very sturdy and hardwearing furniture item. They are designed to steadily hold many household items from a prized vase, to a pile of books or a lovely bottle of wine. When purchasing these tables you can be assured that they will stand the test of time making them a true investment for your home.
- Coffee tables are very popular items of nests room furniture found in homes around the UK. Characterised as a long and low style of table that can often be located just in front of the sofa in the lounge. This type of table is traditionally used to store small everyday items such as magazines and newspapers or as an area to place your drink whist watching television. When friends pop round for a quick cup of coffee, the nests room is often a good room to have a relaxing catch up; this is where a coffee table can really become an important addition to your home. These tables are the ideal addition to a nests room as they provide the perfect space to place your coffee cup whilst in deep conversation.
- Bookcases are another very practical product that can be found in the nests room. This product is traditionally used to store books and magazines and seems to have evolved from the popular book shelf design. The bookcase is one entire unit that is separated by shelves allowing individual slots for rows of books. As the name states, these products were originally designed to store books, however, nowadays they are also popularly used as a decorative piece of furniture that displays photos or scented candles. Bookcases are available in numerous sizes and styles depending on the functionality required from the product. A conventional bookcase will often be accompanied by glass doors that will allow the books to be displayed whilst being protected by these doors. A more contemporary bookcase is often offered without any kind of doors and each shelf can either be rectangular or a more quirky square shape.
- The Damask fabric process is commonly used to create single coloured silk weave which feature specific patterns or designs. The damask fabric is unique. A key element to this fabric is that it creates a light reflected weave that changes colour and brightness depending on how the light hits the product. This type of textile weave is also common in household items such as tablecloths due to the unique and high quality characteristics of the material. This type of textile is very popular today and is another example of a woven fabric that has stood the test of time. Damask cloth was first introduced to France in the mid 14th century and has been used to make bed linen sets throughout Europe ever since.
- Flannel is often made from cotton, synthetic fibre or wool and is characterised by its soft woven fabric. There are 3 main types of flannel available on the market, the main one being flannelette which is traditionall-nestsy composed of cotton weaves. Other types of flannel fabric include cotton flannel and diaper flannel. all-nests 3 types of flannel fabric are weaved in either a twill or plain format and are available in an array of colours and patterns. Our beautiful range of flannelette bed linen is made from 100% cotton with a slightly plumper and fluffier appearance than other fabrics. This cosy fabric is very practical as it acts as a form of insulation keeping you warmer on cooler nights.
- The name of this material is based on the fabric's place of origin, Jersey in the Channel Islands. Jersey material is a woven fabric that was traditionall-nestsy made from wool. Currently, it is more common to get fabrics that are made from a mixture of textiles such as cotton, synthetic fibres and wool. This fabric is an ideal choice for nursery bedding as it is extremely supple, soft and absorbent cotton. Also, the loose knit fabric style of the material will ensure that your child stays at the perfect temperature whilst also looking very stylish in the nursery.
- Bedspreads are similar to duvets in many ways. The basic connection being the principal function of a bedspread is to add an extra layer of warmth to your bed. The bedspread also shares key characteristics with blankets or throws as they not only provide warmth but they also act as a fashion accessory bring a splash of colour and texture to your room.
Fitted cot sheets have elastic corners to fit snugly over your cot mattress. They are quick and easy to fit and won't become ruffled easily. Here at Dunelm Mill our beautiful nursery bedding range is available in comfortable jersey or cosy flannelette.
Here at Dunelm Mill we pride ourselves on the quality and ease of use of our Children's bedding collection. We understand that when it comes to children's bed linen durability is a key aspect and that is why our products are machine washable. Our range of children's bedding is available in a range of vibrant colours and fun designs. We have tailor-made our children's bedding designs to complement our extensive range of curtains, rugs and accessories, making their room a special place of their own.
- A nest of tables can be cleaned in much the same way as any other table or wooden furniture item. Often all that is required is a light dust and polish.
- In the case of any spills or stains each of our tables sets come complete with an individual product specific cleaning instruction guide.