- Made to Measure Blinds Buying Guide
Made to Measure Blinds from Dunelm Mill
At Dunelm Mill, you can create a bespoke look for any room in your home with our quality made to measure ranges including our beautiful blinds. Renowned for our superb fabrics and impeccable attention to detail, we boast a huge variety of designs for you to choose from - including venetian blinds, roller blinds, roman blinds and vertical blinds.
Just follow these 3 simple steps and your bespoke order will be delivered within 14 working days and will last for years to come.
Step 1: Choose your Fabric
Getting the colour right is key to any room's success. With over 300 design options we start our made to measure process with easy to use colour groups to help you narrow your choice of fabrics to your chosen colour palette and decor.
Austrian Blinds are designed using over long fabric so the extra drape is pulled into fabulous scallops. All our made to measure Austrian blinds can be ordered to any width and come complete with fixings and fitting instructions.
Roman Blinds display attractive pleats or folds when raised and when lowered (pulled down) they hang flat. Made to measure Roman blinds can only be ordered up to a maximum width of 213cm (84") (as will sag in the middle if any wider).
Vertical blinds are easy to adjust to add a little or full light when pulled fully open and are the perfect window dressings for large windows and patio doors. Made to measure Vertical blinds can only be ordered up to a maximum width of 304cm (120") and come complete with fixings and fitting instructions.
Step 2: Enter your Measurements
Inside Recess Measuring
Step 1: Check that your recess is not obstructed in any way that would stop the blind being lowered/drawn correctly.
Step 2: Measure the total width from A-B. Check above and below the line to get the narrowest measurement.
Outside Recess Measuring
Step 1: Decide how much you want the blind to overlap the recess. We would recommend a minimum of 5cm (2") on all sides.
Step 2: Measure the width A-B. For roller blinds add a further 5cm (2") to account for the operating mechanism (you may wish to add more overlap to prevent light appearing around the edge of your blind).
Step 3: Care for your Blinds
Caring for your blinds
- All of our blinds should be professionally cleaned according to their individual care instructions. You will find full care instructions on packaging or on the sewn in labels
- Creases may occur from the blinds being packed. These should fall out after hanging in a warm room
- Avoid hanging your blinds near to any direct heat sources such as a fire
- Blinds can be dusted with a synthetic or feather duster
- Fabric blinds can also be vacuumed with the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner
- Never wash a fabric blind using soap and water
Dunelm Made to Measure Terms and Conditions
In addition to our standard Terms and Conditions, our made to measure products are covered by the following terms:
1) Please check your measurements to ensure you order the correct size. Please read our Buying Guide for Made to Measure (above) for assistance in measuring correctly.
2) We strongly recommend ordering a free fabric sample to ensure colour and texture accuracy. Colour cannot always be truly represented due to variations in PC monitors.
3) After placing your initial made to measure order with us, you have a 48 hour 'cooling off' period. During this time your order will not be processed and you may cancel your order by calling our customer hotline 0845 1 65 65 65.
4) After the 48 hour 'cooling off' period, we will begin to make up your order and in the event of any cancellation 50% of the total value of the order will be charged to cover our costs.
5) Products are all made to measure , so can only be returned if faulty or not made to the specification given.
6) Please note shades may vary due to different dye batches.
7) We do not guarantee a pattern match on checks and woven fabrics.
8) A perfect match on seams on some fabrics cannot be guaranteed