- Returns and Cancellation Policy
Returns and Cancellations
Select a button to be taken directly to the relevant information, or scroll down the page to browse our information on returns.
Dunelm Mill is committed to selling only high-quality products but we understand there may be a time when you need to exchange or return something you've bought.
We will willingly refund or offer an exchange on any unused product returned within 28 days of the date on the receipt of your order, provided you can show us your despatch note and/or receipt and the product is in a reasonable, re-saleable condition, ideally with it's original packaging.
Returning a purchase
You can return an online or telephone order in the following ways:
1. The quickest and easiest way is to return your order to a Dunelm Mill store.
- Simply use our Store Locator to locate your nearest store.
- Take the product(s) and despatch note, with the payment card used to purchase,
to the Customer Services desk where your purchase will be refunded or an exchange arranged
- o If you return a product that was ordered using PayPal, you will be issued with a credit note for the value of the item.
2. Return via
Dunelm Mill’s collaboration with Collect+ makes it simple to return items for FREE using more than 5,000 local convenience stores across the UK.
The stores that make up the Collect+ community operate extended opening hours, making it possible for you to return a product from early in the morning to late at night, 7 days a week.
To return an item to Dunelm Mill for FREE using Collect+
- Call our customer services team on 0845 1 65 65 65 to be given a returns authorisation number.
- Our customer services team will email you an official Collect+ barcode label to print out at home.
- Attach the label to your package, over the original delivery address.
- Find your local Collect+ service listed at www.collectplus.co.uk/Dunelm or text COLLECT and your postcode to 84555 Texts to 84555 are charged at your standard network rate. Texts from 84555 are free to receive. View full T&Cs at www.collectplus.co.uk/smsterms
- Take your parcel to any of over 5,000 participating Collect+ stores for FREE. When you hand over your parcel you’ll receive proof of postage and a unique code that will allow you to track your package through www.collectplus/track/new
Please note: Your parcel must weigh less than 10kg and be no larger than 50cm x 30cm x 30cm to be eligible for Collect+.
Packages not adhering to this guidance will be rejected at Collect+ return points.
3. Return via a Courier
If you have an item that requires collection, for example if it weighs more than 10kgs and a Dunelm Mill store is not convenient, it is possible to arrange for return by courier.
- Call 0845 1 65 65 65 and have your order number to hand.
- Together with our Customer Service Team you will agree a date for collection by a courier.
- We will provide you with a returns authorisation number to enter on the returns label. Your returns label is included with your dispatch note along with full details on the returns process.
- Fix the completed returns label to the package ready to be collected.
Returning items bought in-store:
Take the product(s), receipt and card used for purchase to the Customer Services desk where your purchase will be refunded or an exchange arranged.
For your protection, refunds to credit or debit cards will only be processed if the cardholder is present and signs the refund receipt.
There are a number of exclusions from our standard returns policy (detailed above) due to the nature of some of the products we sell.
Made to Measure products
Made to measure curtains, blinds and accessories are custom made to your specification. We strongly recommend that you follow our Made to Measure Buying Guide before committing to your order. Your order is subject to a 48-hour cooling off period. During this time it will not be processed and you may cancel your online or telephone order by calling our Customer Services team on 0844 346 0022, or for purchases made in store please call the store directly. You can find their number on the top of your receipt or by using the Store Locator. After this 48 hour period we will begin to make up your order and any cancellations after this point will only be refunded to a maximum of 50% of the order value.
Fabric & ancillary products
As all fabric is cut to length for each individual order, once cut we cannot refund fabric orders. That's why we provide a FREE sample service which we strongly recommend you use before placing your fabric order.
Mattress toppers or protectors, duvets, pillows, throws and blankets
For health and hygiene reasons we are not able to accept returns on these items unless unopened and sealed in original packaging or if faulty.
Curtains (where the heading tape has been pulled)
As these items cannot be resold we are not able to accept returns of curtains where the heading tape has been pulled.
Food, drink and other perishable items
Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, if you buy online or by phone, your consumer rights entitle you to a full refund if you request one within 7 working days of receipt. This includes any delivery charge. This cancellation right does not apply to the products listed as exclusions above unless they are faulty.
If you wish to cancel your order, please follow the process for returning goods described above.
In all cases your statutory rights are not affected.
Online or telephone orders
If any item that we deliver to you arrives damaged or is faulty, then we will happily replace the item for free or refund the item. Please note that we will only refund the delivery charge if the whole order is damaged or faulty.
In store purchases
If any item we sell is damaged or is faulty, then we will happily replace the item for free or refund the item.
Please note that all refunds will be made back to the original card used to make the purchase.
For items bought on-line or via the telephone, and returned via Collect+ or a collection, your refund will be processed when the product is received by us in its original packaging and in a re-saleable condition, with a completed returns label. This may take up to two weeks.
For items returned to a Dunelm store, the refund usually takes around 3-7 working days to reach your account, depending on how quickly your credit/debit card company processes the refund.
For items purchased online using PayPal and returned to store for a refund you will be issued with a credit note.
If you don’t have your receipt or despatch note, we will still be happy to exchange any product you have purchased from us, or to offer you a credit note. The exchange or credit note will be to the value of the returned product's lowest retail price in the last twelve months. Please note that credit notes are valid for two years and are redeemable at any Dunelm Mill store, and that they may not be used for the purchase of gift vouchers.
*None of the above conditions affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty, or not as described. For your rights of cancellation under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling Regulations) please see above.