- Cushions Buying Guide
You are in:
- - All guides
Cushions buying guide
Here at Dunelm Mill we have cushions in many different shapes and styles, meaning that you can truly personalise each and every room in your home with an individual style of cushion. Pin tucks and bolsters add pretty detail to a bedroom, while suedette brings a contemporary feel to a living room. Below is a summary of the different types of cushions available in our cushion range.
- Pintuck cushions are characterised by their elegant pleats. The luxurious tucks of fabric create a chic and elegant style. This style of pillow is often considered to be the ideal choice if you crave a touch of elegance and comfort for your master bedroom.
- Piped cushions are one of the longest standing cushion types in the UK. This style of cushion is characterised by the piped edge running around the circumference of the pillow. The piping on these cushions gives the product a more defined edge and helps to enhance the overall shape and design of the cushion.
- A bolster cushion is a long narrow filled pillow that is often placed at the head of a bed to provide neck and head support. These types of cushions originated in Asia and were initially designed to be used as items to cuddle up to when asleep. Nowadays the use is somewhat different and is often used purely as a decorative item.
- Our range of faux leather cushions are the ideal addition to any contemporary home. One of the main benefits to this type of material is that it is wipe clean PVC, it looks and lasts like that of real leather and is a very economical option.
- Soft suedette is made from polyester but feels plusher and more luxurious than real suede. This is a very popular alternative to suede cushions mainly because they are much easier to clean and come without the steep price tag.
- Synthetic fur is often used to create a fluffy texture with an extra luxurious feel. This style of material is often used to add a flair of personality to a room whilst also adding a touch of warmth and cosiness. Faux fur cushions are available in a range of colours from bold reds to funky zebra print.
The most common type of cushion to purchase is a whole cushion. However, it is becoming increasingly popular to buy your cushion in two parts; cushion cover and a cushion pad.
As well as our extensive range of whole cushions we also offer a beautiful range of cushion covers. Cushion covers are a very economical option if you want to spruce up your home on a budget.Cushion covers can be fitted over the top of your existing cushions to totally transform the look of your room. Our range of cushion covers are available in a variety of sizes, colours, patterns and materials so you're sure to find the perfect match for your home.
If you have found your ideal cushion cover you will need a cushion pad. It is important that you choose the perfect cushion pad to ensure that your cushion looks its best. Cushion pads are available with two different fillings; duck feather or polyester. The support offered by our range of cushion covers also varies between soft, medium and firm. Once you have chosen the correct cushion pad for your style, shape and design of cover you will be left with a beautiful plump cushion to decorate your home.
All of our cushion products are accompanied by their own product specific care and cleaning instructions. However, the below are a basic guide to how to make your cushions last for years to come.
- Do not machine wash your cushions unless otherwise stated in your individual care instructions
- Do not leave your cushions near any open heat sources such as a fire
- Avoid putting excess weight on your cushions as this could cause them to lose shape and elasticity