- Chocolate house recipe
20 mins preparation
Ready to eat from 50 mins
Build your very own get-away with Dunelm's silicone chocolate mould. This fun activity is great for any aspiring chocolatier and is perfect to build with the kids on those rainy days.
Don't forget this fairy tale cabin isn't just nice to look at, it's perfect for a scrumptious treat.
- 1.2kg of plain, milk or white chocolate
- Icing (for decoration)
- Your favourite sweets (for decoration)
- Melt 1.1kg of chocolate and pour into mould
- Smooth the surface with a palette knife or similar, then allow to set for at least 2 hours
- Melt the remaining chocolate, spoon into the piping bag.
- Take chocolate out of mould.
- Place a square cake board of minimum 25cm x 25cm onto your work surface.
- Pipe icing along base of one side panel and position on the board.
- Use a teacup or small glass to prop the panel up temporarily.
- Pipe icing along the base and up one side of the front panel and position this against the side panel. Again, prop up with a suitable item.
- Pipe icing along the base and one side of the second side panel.
- Position against the front panel and prop up as required.
- Pipe icing along the base and both sides of the back panel.
- Position against side panels, prop us as necessary and leave to dry for 20 minutes.
- Remove props, ice the door panel and place open position on the front panel.
- Pipe icing along the top edges of the roof panels and place in position.
- Pipe icing along the base of the remaining pieces and set in position.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes before decorating as desired.